Friday 11 February 2011

Sneaky bloomin' insurance

You know we love insurance companies.  And I love Post Office Insurance Services so much I thought I'd mention them by name.  Despite very carefully ticking the box which says "Please do not renew my insurance automatically" when I took the policy out, when I get the renewal offer letter from them, what do I find, a line which says "if you want to accept this quote then you don't need to do anything, for your convenience we will renew this insurance automatically unless we hear from you".



This is not for my convenience,  this is so Post Office Insurance Services can gouge a premium out of me whether I have aranged alternative insurance or not...  This happened to a friend of mine who didn't spot this and ended up with two insurance policies...

While we are on the subject, beware Post Office (and indeed most of these cheap call centre based places) if you think you might want to modify your car at all...  They are all very well for the run of the mill standard cars for standard useage, you phone up and ask about adding coilovers, alloys or even uprated brake pads and all of a sudden "sorry we can't even quote for that kind of modification"

Moral of the story, stick with "proper" insurers if you have a proper car...  Peter James Insurance, Footman James, SureTerm, Adrian Flux, ClassicLine, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment