Monday 19 September 2011

Retro Throwback Morris Minor hot rod truck

If you've been reading this blog you'll know I am a bit of an enthusiast of the 70s/80s customs and rods.  I especially like it when old cars turn up again. So I was happy to spot the Morris Minor LCV on eBay



This is truly redolent on an era.  That looks like Triumph brown to me, as seen on many T2000s and Dolomites when I was a lad.  The flip front, Daimler Hemi and bias ply tyres are all period delights. Appliance Wire Mags are definitely the winning wheel on a car like this.



Those wheel arches could only have been formed in a time when taking hallucinogenics in the garage was an acceptable pass time.



Needing work to recommission its currently bid to a little over a grand.  No IVA worries here on an old build like this.


Auction is HERE and was still active at time of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment