Friday 22 October 2010

Steampunk Morris and other fables

OK, now I’m impressed.  I love that whole “Steampunk” thing and this Morris Minor has certainly nailed the steam part of that, STAT.  I just can’t imagine how cool you’d be chuff-chuff-chuffing through the traffic in this one.  It’s just beyond cool.  



I’d be tempted to livery it up in the logo of the Sodor Steam Railway Company or some such.  It starts my mind idly wandering to other oddball engine technology transplants.  I have often thought it would be a chuckle to make one of those huge mid 70s FWD Cadillac Eldorado into a Hybrid. My thought is using the electrics to run the rear wheels using a RWD rear axle should make it a fairly easy conversion.  Control systems would be a challenge though. 



While we are on the subject of steam on the roads, this caught my eye from yesterday’s Metro. Not so much the runaway train as the runaway traction engine but even so probably one of the most unusual accidents of the week...


No comments:

Post a Comment