Wednesday 18 August 2010

Its weirdo-con time again

I feel so left out being a European when the American's get to have these great conventions where all the nutters in a 1000 mile radius pole up into town and dress like a bunch of freaks, get drunk and cat fight amongst each other about who has the most authentic Klingon insignia or whatever.  The nearest thing we have is the Whitby Gothic Weekend.

Damn, thats not how I remember Darth Vader
The latest in a series of such events is the Gen Com Indy (gamer) event from which the following photos are taken.  I feel conflicting urges here to yell "look at these craaaaaazy people" but on the other hand I feel some other level of respect and kinship to those, well, frankly odd folk.  Some of whom look rather fine, lets be honest.  Some of them less so. 

Super Mario Fetish?
Damn, I'm drawing a balanced conclusion here and this is the internet where such things are forbidden, so before I make that cardinal error and get zapped by the net-pixies I'll leave you with the good folks of Gen Com and let you draw your own conclusions based on your own predjudices.

No comments:

Post a Comment